I’ve been away with my daughter, we went to the Canary Islands for a few days. It was lovely.
We were also disconnected from the internet – mostly – and that leads to old-fashioned things, like reflecting.
I’ve been reflecting particularly on what you can achieve in 30 minutes.
In 30 minutes you can:
- Get a great chili-con-carne underway and leave it to simmer to create those lovely flavours.
- Meditate with one of those clever app things – I find meditating hard, the apps seem to help me.
- Take your dog on a short walk (I didn’t have them with me, so this was purely an idea!)
- Write an article (look, I’m doing it now).
- Enrol on a course that can change the way you view things and help you concentrate on improving certain areas of your life.
- Sew on all the buttons that are missing from various outfits that you’ll get round to one day – again a theory rather than something I did.
- Listen to a podcast – Coffee With The Coaching Revolutionaries, is a good place to start.
- Record a video and put it on your website or Facebook page. Or you could just save yourself a load of time and go Facebook Live, 3 or 4 times!
- Make a pot of tea, or coffee and just sit.
- Create a mind map of something you’ve been trying to get clarity on.
- Read a couple of chapters of some trashy novel, just because you can (it’s what short breaks are for, right?). Who cares if it isn’t improving your intellect?
- Write a card to a friend telling them that you miss them and then walk to the post box and actually post it.
- Cross something off your other to-do list. You know, the household one (change lightbulb etc).
- Make homemade lemonade. It’s my favourite summer drink. This is a great 30-minute recipe.
- Prepare yourself something to eat for lunch later.
- Read more of my articles.
17. Watch an episode of your favourite TV programme (or a bit of it?)
18. Boil an egg – actually, if you did them consecutively, you could boil 10!
19. Talk to me about your coaching business. Yes, it takes less than 30 minutes of your life to have a chat with me about something that can be life-changing as far as your coaching business is concerned.
This is my diary. I look forward to talking to you.